Click to Make a Subscription/Donation
Bulletin Board Guidelines

Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 3<<123

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Selling guns locally, Safely selling firearms.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
Tony Cote Search for posts by this member.

Group: MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2012,8:58  Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

(Lars @ Mar. 01 2012,8:40)

(Tony Cote @ Mar. 01 2012,8:32)
haul them all down to Kittery.

Thats crossed my mind Tony and if I lived closer I might have just traded them all in for that once in a lifetime gun.

Monday evenings around dinner time would be the best.  I have on occassion sold firearms back to Kittery for more than what I bought them for.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info Send Private Message  
 Post Number: 32
frugal pointer Search for posts by this member.

Group: 2014 CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2012,9:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Lars, the last gun I sold in a private transaction was through a duck hunting chat board.  Buyer had to send me a copy of a signed FFL so I could ship direct to the FFL in his state.  Shipped it USPS and it went very smooth.   Got what I wanted for money with no fees or commisions.  

I have sold guns at KTP recently and got far less than I would have with a private sale.  I resisted the 10% kicker they offer if you spend the money they just gave you there.

I sell a lot of things on Craigslist/Ebay/UJ ( :D ) and don't usually have misgivings.   Firearms is a whole different ball of wax in my opinion, CYA as best you can.  FP

--------------
Sea duck hunters rule!
Team Mossberg
"I didn't like him anyway. He wasn't right in the head"
 Post Number: 33
bobman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2012,9:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

(Tony Cote @ Mar. 01 2012,8:54)

(bobman @ Mar. 01 2012,8:41)
as long as hes a resident of Maine, and probably a certain age if a handgun, you can sell him anything and theres no law affecting the sale between private parties

While it is true that a state resident can sell a handgun to another state resident in a private sale in state with no ffl transfer involved, you still cannot legally sell to a convicted felon.  So unless you really know.....

The seller is not required to know, if you simply place a clause in the bill of sale that says buyer has said he may legally own a firearm you're covered, then the buyer if a felon is the one on the hook not the private seller, you dont even have to do it in writing

I'm not trying to argue, but I would think Lars should try and get top dollar for his guns and private sale to another citizen is the best way to accomplish that. A gun shop has to buy low and sell high to stay in business. Not that theres anything wrong with that.
 Post Number: 34
pa'tridge hunters Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2012,9:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Next time your in southern Maine stop into KTP with some pictures of what you want to sell and feel them out as to what they'd pay you. They might give you a ballpark price, maybe not too.
 Post Number: 35
martydavis Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 02 2012,9:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic.    QUOTE

Here in Illinois we need a Firearms Owners Identification card (FOID card) to own guns.  I just recently sold 2 old beeter shotguns to a guy who had a valid FOID card and I left him with a bill of sale saying he legally bought something I could legally sell.

--------------
Marty Davis
central Illinois

34 replies since Mar. 01 2012,11:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 3<<123
reply to topic new topic new poll

Letters | Features | Departments | Photo Gallery | Upland Talk | Upland Links | Upland Gear
Upland Library | Upland Outfitters | Swap & Trade | Submissions | Contact Us | Home

©2004/05 Upland Journal
Site Designed in Patnership with Insyt New Media