Bulletin Board Guidelines

Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Just Visited CT shotgun OMG< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Camoman Search for posts by this member.

Group: 2014 CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2012,3:22  Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Well I just spent a few hours walking around Drooling at the most amazing shotgun Store/MFG "CT shotgun" this place was like a museum! You can handle any of the guns from $2,000 to $250,000. They have a room called the wood room where you would pick your would for your custom gun.
I actually held an English stock gun that felt real nice. Price tag was only $229,000 for a 28 GA
This place has to be on your list of places to go if you ever come to CT its in New Britian CT. Check them our on line!

--------------
Always looking for new places and new people to hunt with. Life is about doing not wanting to do!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info Send Private Message  
 Post Number: 2
Ted Moore Search for posts by this member.

Group: MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2012,4:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I am thinking of making the drive down there to have some barrel work done on my RBL. I wish they were open on Saturday. I think I'll leave my credit cards at home.
W/C C

--------------
"I replied, and truthfully too, that I had never lost a moment's time in hunting: that I counted only that time lost which I spent in working."
Burton L. Spiller
 Post Number: 3
Laminarman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2012,5:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I was under the impression the gun room was a temporary thing and it would then close again.
 Post Number: 4
PartridgeCartridge Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2012,5:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I like going there except about the part where I soil myself.

--------------
Upland Raconteur
"You demented little Dwarf"
-Hunshatt
Tim, you're still an Ass
-Tedder
 Post Number: 5
Camoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2012,8:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Ted I thought they had hours on Saturdays?? You should give them a call. They will also do appointments i believe!

--------------
Always looking for new places and new people to hunt with. Life is about doing not wanting to do!
 Post Number: 6
gspspinone Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2012,2:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

They are open yo the public Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  By appt other days....definitely worth the trip,  good people and great guns.

--------------
What could be more innocent than gazing at a lovely gun in front of a cheerful fire, accompanied perhaps by a dog snoozing on the hearth rug, some tasty tobacco smoldering in a good pipe, and a glass of peaty whisky at your elbow?" -M. McIntosh
 Post Number: 7
Ted Moore Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 03 2012,6:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I drove down to New Britain today (partly because I needed a Reuben and pickles from Rein's Deli) and I dropped my gun off to have the chokes opened and a scratch removed from the barrel, and all I can say is WOW!!! He has A LOT of high end inventory.

Half the guns were on the floor, and as I was walking around, I got dizzy from all of the awesomeness, and almost stepped on a $175,000 Purdey. I figured it was time to leave before I broke something and had to buy it.

He's got to have millions of dollars worth of guns, just sitting there for all to handle. I was thinking to myself, how can this guy be solvent with that much inventory. Just then a kid came in and plunked down his cc for a 2 barrel A10 at $20K. Then an old guy bought a $60K gun and the kid asked him if he wanted the chokes opened up or the gun bent, and the guy said "what does that mean?" He didn't have a clue. Then there were 2 other guys in there shopping for a Japanese guy. I think their budget was unlimited.

Again, Wow!

Very impressive.

W/C C

--------------
"I replied, and truthfully too, that I had never lost a moment's time in hunting: that I counted only that time lost which I spent in working."
Burton L. Spiller
 Post Number: 8
GB Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 03 2012,7:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I think hid clientele is pretty widespread and incomprehensible to most people. To have a true in entity like he does with investment and overhead, I bet he moves close to 10 to 15 mil in guns a yeat

--------------
http://tailfeathersandtrout.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 9
gspspinone Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2012,8:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

It's amazing that shotguns costing as much as a house are just lying around on the floor, they have sooo many.   It's a really cool place with really cool people working there.

I believe many of their Purdey's, Hollands and Rizzini's are from an estate of a now deceased publishing tycoon, probably consigned.

--------------
What could be more innocent than gazing at a lovely gun in front of a cheerful fire, accompanied perhaps by a dog snoozing on the hearth rug, some tasty tobacco smoldering in a good pipe, and a glass of peaty whisky at your elbow?" -M. McIntosh
 Post Number: 10
fethrduster Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2012,4:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic.    QUOTE

(PartridgeCartridge @ Feb. 23 2012,5:36)
I like going there except about the part where I soil myself.

Hate it when that happens.
9 replies since Feb. 23 2012,3:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Letters | Features | Departments | Photo Gallery | Upland Talk | Upland Links | Upland Gear
Upland Library | Upland Outfitters | Swap & Trade | Submissions | Contact Us | Home

2004/05 Upland Journal
Site Designed in Patnership with Insyt New Media