Click to Make a Subscription/Donation
Bulletin Board Guidelines

Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Two triggers for Beretta BLs, So who is serious?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Tim Frazier Search for posts by this member.

Group: 2014 CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:16  Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Got a response from Cole Haugh today.  The big IF will be the actual cost but we would have some idea up front.  I don't know if there are two guys interested or twenty so chime in here if you think you might want a pair!

"Hi Tim,
 I appreciate your praise and the opportunity to do more work for you. I am somewhat familiar with the BL series and would be glad to look into converting to double triggers. I have not done so in the past but have on Parkers, L.C. smith and the likes. As far as multiples I do not have CNC equipment but have the contacts to possibly make it cheaper than if each one was done by hand. I will take a look at the (guts) and try to figure up a cost as singular and as multiple. Of course the first one would have to be worked up and fitted by hand but the cost could be spread out if the multiples come into play.....give me a few days to look into it and I will get back with you...Thanks again...Cole  "

--------------
"All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking"  Nietzsche
Top of Page Profile Contact Info Send Private Message  
 Post Number: 2
gunsrus Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

X1
 Post Number: 3
fuess Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Dont ruin a fine o/u.  They were meant for a single trigger!
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

(fuess @ Feb. 07 2012,7:21)
Dont ruin a fine o/u.  They were meant for a single trigger!

Not actually...the European versions and lower BL grades were two triggers.  Just stinks we don't have an eyetalian connection!  Probably a box full of old triggers over there somewhere.

It should be reversible and I for one will keep all the single trigger parts.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Huntschool Search for posts by this member.

Group: MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I have no dog in this hunt but has anyone tried to contact Beratta and see if there are parts available over seas that could be sent over here to have the modification made by either Beretta or one of their repair folks ?????

Just asking.

--------------
Bruce A. Hering; NSCA Lev III Inst.
Program Coordinator/Lead Instructor
Game Preserve/Shooting Complex Mgt.
Shotgun Team Coach
2011 Division I ACUI National Champions
2011 SCTP Collegiate Champions
2012 ACUI Div II National HOA Champions
2012 SCTP Collegiate Champions
2013 ACUI Division II RU National Champions
Southeastern Illinois College
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

(Huntschool @ Feb. 07 2012,7:35)
I have no dog in this hunt but has anyone tried to contact Beratta and see if there are parts available over seas that could be sent over here to have the modification made by either Beretta or one of their repair folks ?????

Just asking.

To my knowledge folks have been asking for years and no one does.  I have spoken to Cole's and they will not.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Hunshatt Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,7:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I'm in for a couple /3 sets.... Crap.... it's my gun thats gonna get broken down to get "looked" at..... :down:  :down:

--------------
"we only get one shot at life. I intend to use it all up as best I can. Thus, double guns, setters, cane rods, sour mash whisky and traveling are 'enhancers' that take me in the direction of the primary goal"
Chuckarman, bird hunting Icon......6/17/2010
 Post Number: 8
Briarscratch Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I'd be game but my BL is choked Sk/Sk.

--------------
Surveyor of Thickets
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

(Briarscratch @ Feb. 07 2012,8:16)
I'd be game but my BL is choked Sk/Sk.

:glare:  :upside:  :oops:

Front trigger first, no back, no fro, no back OHHHH...

--------------
 Post Number: 10
B du B Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Cost will be a factor, but I'd definitely like to know how much - and if reasonable, I'd be in.

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Serious question here!

Assuming this is a grouse gun, how many times do you really need to shoot the 2nd trigger 1st??

I am using my own gun configuration here as an example.  I usually have my gun set up sk/ic (early season) and ic/mod (late season if I remember to change).

Assuming a pointing dog hunt, most birds are shot within 35 yrds.  It is my experience you can kill a bird with either of these chokes, within this distance, and outside of this range, do you really take the shot, given this choke configuration??

So, is it worth it to change triggers, or does it matter??

If it is what you like, great, go for it, just curious??

Just asking??
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

(fuess @ Feb. 07 2012,8:29)
Serious question here!

Assuming this is a grouse gun, how many times do you really need to shoot the 2nd trigger 1st??

I am using my own gun configuration here as an example.  I usually have my gun set up sk/ic (early season) and ic/mod (late season if I remember to change).

Assuming a pointing dog hunt, most birds are shot within 35 yrds.  It is my experience you can kill a bird with either of these chokes, within this distance, and outside of this range, do you really take the shot, given this choke configuration??

Just asking??

I had two incoming quartering shots this year I would have used the back trigger first.  Once your used to it you don't have to think much.  I have also had a distant bird go up, fired and instantly had a closer bird go up.  That time I got the report double in part by using the tight choke first (Fox SW).  

I often wonder why I don't just shoot a light 12 cylinder choked gun all year though so it's a valid argument.

--------------
 Post Number: 13
doodleridge2 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Serious question here!

Just asking??

That time of the month ah??

Let the boys play, just cause you can't handle more than one of anything doesn't mean others can't!
 Post Number: 14
bosco mctavitch Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,8:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

For those who asked, I have contacted coles, joel etchen and beretta usa through both official and backdoor channels and uniformly was told that there are none--zero, zilch, nada, NOTHING for parts available to convert to DT's.  I contacted coles about the price for duplicating parts from an existing gun and reproducing them and they had no interest.  I asked them if they would supply me with a list of the parts even, and they had even less than zero interest--they were outwardly hostile in fact.  I have also contacted beretta distributors in both italy and the UK with no luck.  So far the only option I have found is a few smiths who said they could make parts...to the tune of well over the price of a complete high-condition BL gun.

I do know that there are not one or two but a good number of parts that must be manufactured as well as a new trigger guard.  I assume some of the parts such as the trigger guard might be easier to convert a 68X part to fit than it would be to manufacture from scratch, other parts probably not.  They don't exactly give away the 68x parts either...some of them the markup has got to be absolutely ludicrous, they are obviously in the business of making complete guns and not spare parts given the astronomical pricing on some very simple machine-made parts made by the zillion.  

Don't forget assembly and disassembly is nothing to sneeze at.

Anyway, if the price could be made reasonable (i.e. $200 or so for the parts) I'd be in.  I like the DT's, just not that much.

--------------

Please consider our early successional habitats before not printing this email.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,9:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic.    QUOTE

(doodleridge2 @ Feb. 07 2012,8:52)

Serious question here!

Just asking??

That time of the month ah??

Let the boys play, just cause you can't handle more than one of anything doesn't mean others can't!

I will have you know I drink 2 BEERS at a time, load 2 shells in my gun, and can type with 2 hands.

I can also shoot doubles, with double (o/u of course) guns!

So smart ass, what do you think of that??
19 replies since Feb. 07 2012,7:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

Letters | Features | Departments | Photo Gallery | Upland Talk | Upland Links | Upland Gear
Upland Library | Upland Outfitters | Swap & Trade | Submissions | Contact Us | Home

©2004/05 Upland Journal
Site Designed in Patnership with Insyt New Media