Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hornady progressive reloader, Opinions?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
ANF grousin Search for posts by this member.

Group: MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,9:28  Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Was offered a Hornady reloader at a reasonable price.  Never really heard much about them.  Comparable to Mec's?

--------------
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.  But rather to ski in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proclaiming - WOW!  WHAT A RIDE !!

Jeff
Top of Page Profile Contact Info Send Private Message  
 Post Number: 2
sprocket Search for posts by this member.

Group: 2014 CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,9:53 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Is this for metallic or shotshell?

The LnL AP is a sturdy unit and worth every penny - I can't comment on the shotshell loaders

--------------
I am my dog
 Post Number: 3
Dongotto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,9:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I have two model 366 and love them. I actually prefer them over Mec 9000 but I think its just what you get used to. I have different heads to switch in and can load 12,16, 20 and 28ga from those two presses. The 16ga is a 12ga head that I made from other pacific/hornady presses and is not something they sell.

--------------
Shoot like your hungry!

Jason
 Post Number: 4
RUFUS80 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,9:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

They make great metallic cartridge reloaders, don't know much about there shotgun shell reloaders. I use only MEC, progressive and single stage.

--------------
"The gun is the essential link between the man and the kind of sport he pursues. It is not enough that it should be well adapted to one of the other. For the best success,  it must be fully adapted to both"  - Gough Thomas
RIP Dad-KDW- 11/14/47-11/11/12
 Post Number: 5
Keith207 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,10:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

The Hornady machines, like the 366, are very well made.  They are some what harder to "dial in" to get perfect reloads and to change from one load to another than a MEC.  Parts and accessories for the Hornady machines are not offen found in gun stores, so you’ll be dealing direct with the factory.  Most gun shops have MEC parts and accessories in stock so that may be a factor in a decision.  If you’re looking to load one target load all the time it is a great machine.  .

--------------
Going Fishing with the:
Lake St. Clair Walleye Association
Keith Krych, L.S.C.W.A. President
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,10:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Also depends on how good of deal your getting.  New is between $550-$600.  Agree about the parts and accessories.

--------------
"The gun is the essential link between the man and the kind of sport he pursues. It is not enough that it should be well adapted to one of the other. For the best success,  it must be fully adapted to both"  - Gough Thomas
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,10:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Opps, shotshell reloader, 20 ga.  Comes with extra shot & powder bushings.  I can have it for $175.

--------------
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.  But rather to ski in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proclaiming - WOW!  WHAT A RIDE !!

Jeff
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,11:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I would say that is not a bad price since it includes extra bushings.  Make sure you get the operating manual.  How many shells have been put through it? If not 10's of thousands go for it.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
fase3 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,11:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I have three of the 366's in 12-20-28 and recently sold one in 410 as I no longer shoot skeet. Great machines that have been with me for over 20 yrs. Sent the 12ga back to Hornady for a overhaul about a yr. ago and it had over 200k run thru it at that time. Have a Mec 9000 w/ Automate set up for AA HS hulls and the 366 set up for Rem hulls because of the internal volume difference.  I just feel that for $175 you can't go wrong. Enjoy!
 Post Number: 10
Bob Frankenfield Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,3:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

About 1980 I bought a Pacific 366 in 12 ga. prior to Pacific being bought by Hornaday.  I love it.  Much better than a MEC and I have 4 of MECs.

I think I've only changed one part since I've had it.  Loaded maybe 150K or more shells with it.

Buy it.

--------------
Bob

"The Old Man said that October was the only perfect month of the year, because it was a month that really didn't have to do anything to justify itself.  All it held was present perfection, beautiful memory, and magnificent promise."

Robert Ruark
 Post Number: 11
kadehippy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,9:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Have two  366 one in twenty and one in twelve .  Have loaded over 200,000 on the 366 twelve and its still going strong.  Hornaday is a great company to do business with and their service is first rate.
 Post Number: 12
knobmtn Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 02 2012,11:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

Jeff,
I have the older version--the Pacific 366.  I have conversions for 12, 20, and 28 ga.  My machine saw me through a great many years of registered skeet.  It was great in 12 and 20 ga.  Mine did not index precisely enough in 28 ga and did give some difficulty with that gauge.  I would buy the 20 for $175 and think I had a great deal.
Tom

--------------
http://knobmtnkennel.com/
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB Send Private Message  
 Post Number: 13
rosies dad Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2012,3:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

What model? The 366 is the best, there was an older model called an Apex. A few liked it, others not so much. Parts for the Apex are hard to come by.

--------------
There are two seasons, BIRD SEASON and getting ready for BIRD SEASON.
 Post Number: 14
Too Dogs Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2012,6:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic.   QUOTE

I like both of mine.

I altered the shell ring so I can remove the hull at each of the first 3 stations;

Not shown but I added a wire on the front and back of the ejection hole where the reloaded hull drops thru', to stop the hull from going over the front. I tend to run the handle too fast.

You'll note the base says "Pacific". Hornady told me they bought Pacific and used their patterns for a while but, if the reloader is red color, it's a Hornady. Pacifics are blue.

Also, older 366's do not have the swing out wad guide. I made one and added it.

Too Dogs

--------------
"A promise made is a debt unpaid" ; Robert Service, Cremation of Sam McGee.[QUOTE]

"I am happiest at camp near a fire pit with my family. Lots of good conversations and thinking occurs near a fire pit. They are the birthplace of civilization, and not revisited enough."
(stolen from my son, Mark. Who'da thunk he'd be so deep?)
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2012,8:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic.    QUOTE

The reloader was an Apex, excellent condition.  However, it turned out to be and not a 20, nothing I can use.

--------------

Jeff
15 replies since Feb. 02 2012,9:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

Letters | Features | Departments | Photo Gallery | Upland Talk | Upland Links | Upland Gear
Upland Library | Upland Outfitters | Swap & Trade | Submissions | Contact Us | Home

©2004/05 Upland Journal
Site Designed in Patnership with Insyt New Media